Well presented cut flowers are the homemaker and interior designer’s secret go-to trick for lifting any room.
- Help lighten dark rooms or add a lift to harsher color tones
- Reinvigorate with scent – judicious selection of fragrant flowers can help lift spirits.
- Accentuate essential features in the room – for a small investment (or a walk around your own garden), you can set off your home’s best elements.
- Be a dynamic element that can change with the seasons, mood and decor
- Allow for self-expression – it’s not just a house, it’s your home. Express yourself.
- Improve mood and wellbeing – we all have at least one signature fragrance that will trigger loved memories. You owe it to yourself to make the most of these great feeling triggers.
Your choice of vases usually fits into a few broad categories. It’s best to start with some medium-sized clear vases, perhaps with some subtle design cues. As your placement and arrangement skills grow, you’ll branch out to statement vases, a variance of sizes, and start adding bold colors and designs.
Things to keep in mind
- Location – start with the placement of cut flowers on furniture elements around your home. Floor placement in larger vases is a more advanced step once you build your own style and confidence.
- Vase size vs. weight of base vs. size of opening – it’s practical to consider how easily your arrangement might tip, so look out for designs that have broader bases, perhaps with added weight. Note that a tapered neck makes it easier to have a generous presentation of cut flowers. The more constrained neck sizes may start to limit how much foliage accents you can add to your designs.
- Vase style to compliment your arrangement – it’s best to start with simple designs that allow your flowers to lead the presentation. With time, your style can expand to showcase more bold designs and placements of vase.
- Flowers/foliage freshness, rotation, and watering – we have great hints and tips to ensure you get the most time with your creations. Simple steps will help keep leaves and buds fresh and ensure minimal amounts of cleaning are required.